How To Make this simple and tasty Ahi Poke - Milkyfry Recipe
- 1 pound ahi (yellowfin tuna) steaks
- Scant 1/4 cup sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 scallion, sliced on bias (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons macadamia nuts (roasted and unsalted), chopped and toasted
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon 'alaea or Hawaiian sea salt, or coarse Kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Slice the tuna: Using a sharp knife, cut the tuna into 1-inch cubes. Place in a large bowl.
- Combine all ingredients: Add the onions, garlic, sesame seeds, macadamia nuts, soy sauce, sesame oil, salt, and red pepper flakes. Gently mix until thoroughly combined.
- Cover and refrigerate: Cover the poke with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 2 days.