Food Diversity - How to make Sewai Kheer - The complete Recipie from Rajasthan
- Sevai (Vermicilli/Rice Noodles) - 2 cups
- Milk - 6 cups
- Sugar - 1.5 cups (adjust this amount to your liking, this quantity is usually likeable by all, but feel free to increase or decrease)
- Ghee (Clarified Butter) - 1/3 cups
- Kaju/Kishmish (Cashews/Golden Raisins) - 1 tbsp each, roasted in 1tbsp of ghee
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and boil milk.
- Meanwhile, take the ghee in a frying pan and once it is hot, add broken Vermicilli (Sevai) to it.
- Roast till nice aroma comes from it and the color of Sevai turns to almost golden brown. Remember, it roasts real quick, so keep an eye on it.
- Once milk starts boiling, add roasted sevai to it, mix and let the sevai cook on slow flame. Takes about 15 min.
- While cooking it will also absorb most of the milk. At this point, add sugar to it and mix well.
- Once sugar is all dissolved, add roasted kaju/kishmish and mix well.
- Adjust the amount of milk per your liking. I personally do not like it very thick or very runny, just perfect :)