Food Diversity - How to make Gooror Payash - The complete Recipe from Assam
- 5cups Milk
- 1/2cup Rice (washed and soaked for half an hour)
- 1/4cup Grated Jaggery
- 2nos Bayleaves
- 1/4cup Chopped cashewnuts
- 1/4cup Deseeded Dates (chopped)
- Heat the milk in a heavy bottomed pan over high flame.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the milk for 10 minutes.
- Add the rice along with bay leaves and grated jaggery to the milk.
- Cook everything in simmer, stir continuously to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Once the rice is half cooked, add the chopped cashew nuts, chopped dates and cook everything well until the rice gets cooked well, take care to stir constantly.
- Remove from heat remove the bay leaves.
- You can serve the dish with decorated by Cherries and currents.