Food Diversity - How to make Kheer khas khas- The complete Recipe from Madhya Pradesh
- Poppy seeds (khuskhus or posto) soaked overnight and drained 1/2 cup
- Milk 2 tablespoons + 2 cups
- Rice 4 tablespoons
- Saffron a large pinch
- Sugar 1/3 cup
- Green cardamom powder a pinch
- Blanched and sliced almonds for garnishing
- Blanched and sliced pistachios for garnishing
- Grind poppy seeds with 3 tbsps rice and 2 tbsps milk into a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 cups milk in a deep non-stick pan, add remaining rice and saffron, mix and bring to a boil.
- Add ground paste, mix well and cook, stirring continuously, for 4-5 minutes.
- Add sugar, mix well and cook till it thickens and rice and poppy seeds are fully cooked.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with almond and pistachio slices.