Food Diversity - How to make Quinoa Kheer - The complete Recipe from Sikkim
- Butter or Ghee: 1 tsp
- Quinoa: ⅓ cup,
- Water: ⅓ cup,
- Milk: ⅓ cup +1 ½ cup,
- Saffron: 8-10 strings,
- Condensed milk: ⅓ cup,
- Almonds, cashews and pistachios: 5 each
- Cardamom or Elaichi powder: Two pinch
- Dry roast nuts on medium low heat till you get nice roasted smell. Let them cool down for few minutes and then chop them in small pieces.
- Dissolve kesar or saffron in warm milk till you get nice color.
- Wash quinoa 2-3 times in water and drain out the water.
- In a medium hot pan add butter and quinoa and roast it for few minutes.
- After few minutes of roasting add water and ⅓ cup of milk.
- Let it boil, change the heat to medium low, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or till quinoa becomes soft.
- Once quinoa is soft add rest of the milk, cardamom powder, saffron mixture and increase the heat to medium.
- Stir it frequently and let the kheer boil for 7-8 minutes and then add condense milk.
- Stir and cook for additional 7-8 minutes. After that add chopped nuts and cook for another minute or two.
- Switch off the heat and Quinoa kheer is ready to serve hot.
- To Serve it chilled, keep it in the refrigerator for couple of hours.