Food Diversity - How to make Mango kheer - The complete Recipe from Maharashtra
- Brown rice soaked 4 tablespoons
- Ripe mango puree 1 cup + 4 tablespoons
- Milk 2 1/2 cups + 1/4 cup
- Sugar 4 tablespoons 1 teaspoon
- Saffron (kesar) a few strands
- Green cardamom powder 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil 1 teaspoon
- Butter 2 teaspoons
- Almonds chopped 1 tablespoon
- Cashewnuts chopped 1 tablespoon
- Pistachios chopped, 1 tablespoon + for garnishing
- Raisins 2 tablespoons
- Fresh cream 3 tablespoons
- Rose water 1 teaspoon
- Digestive biscuits 12-15
- Put rice and ¼ cup milk in a mixer jar and grind coarsely.
- Heat remaining milk in a non- stick pan, add the rice mixture and cook, stirring continuously, on medium heat till rice is fully cooked and the mixture thick.
- Add 4 tbsps sugar and mix well. Add saffron and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Heat oil and 1 tsp butter in another non-stick pan. Add almonds, pistachios and cashewnuts and sauté till light brown in colour. Add this to the phirni.
- Add raisins to same pan and sauté for 15 seconds. Add this to phirni and mix well.
- Transfer the phirni into a bowl. Add 1 cup mango puree, fresh cream and rose water and mix well. Set aside to cool. Refrigerate the phirni for an hour.
- Put biscuits in a mixer jar, remaining butter and 1 tsp sugar and blend till smooth.
- Put 2 tbsps of this mixture into each martini glasses and press lightly.
- Top the glasses with chilled kheer. Garnish with 1 tbsp mango puree on top along with some chopped pistachios. Serve chilled.